Shxrxn's Reviews > Succubus Heat

Succubus Heat by Richelle Mead

Jul 05, 11

Read in July, 2011

How could he understand what it was like to have your heart smashed? To be ripped from the person you loved most in the world? My whole existence had lost meaning, and eternity had seemed impossible to bear.
- Georgina
It had been three months. Why wasn’t I over him? Why did I still want to cry or break something whenever I saw him?
- Georgina
Don’t ask the question if you don’t want to hear the answer.
- Georgina
The best way to pull one past people was to make a big deal about something else. Misdirection.
- Tawny
What the fuck was I whining about? Why should I miss him? Why should I pine for someone who’d betrayed me and hurt me with my friend, of all people?
- Georgina
There was nothing I wanted to drink that was under 80 proof, so I declined.
- Georgina
In as much as there is an us. You got out. I’m not your concern.
- Georgina
Sometimes it takes more courage to know when to retreat than to keep fighting.
- Carter
That takes courage too, forcing yourself to start over with someone new, to keep moving on with your life.
- Carter
Just because things don’t work out, it doesn’t mean there aren’t other people you can’t love. Love is too big a thing for you to go without it in life.
- Carter
The beauty of that is that when people aren’t in party moods, that’s actually when they need a party the most.
- Doug
A lot of people don’t get is that sometimes, all that’s needed is to hear those words: Everything’s going to be okay. It’s enough to know that someone’s there, that someone cares about you. It isn’t always about the next logical course of action.
- Georgina
Breaking up doesn’t mean you stop caring about someone.
- Seth
Life is easier not dating you. But sometimes…it feels incomplete. Like there’s a piece of me missing.
- Seth
Just the way you looked out there. It was…amazing. Believe me, I didn’t screw up dancing because I’m bad at it—which I am. It’s because I wasn’t thinking about it at all. I was thinking about you. God, I couldn’t stop. And it’s not just how sexy you are tonight. It was more. It was the way you lit up the room, the way you charmed everyone and made them happy. You don’t need any special powers to do that, Georgina. It’s just in you, part of who you are. How funny you are, how smart. It’s what made me fall in love you back then, and it’s what……makes me love you now.
- Georgina
I’ll have the memories, at least. They’ll stay with me.
- Georgina
How come we can only get the things we want by being bad? Why can’t we get them by being good?
- Seth
You and I are the victims of unfortunate timing. And a lot of other unfortunate things.
- Seth
How it was possible that my heart was both swelling and breaking at the same time.
- Georgina
The best jury of your peers that you’ll ever find is…well, you. Only you know what you’re capable of and what you want to be.
- Carter
He wasn’t mine anymore. He never could be again
-Georgina
- Carter
I knew it would happen…knew this was coming, and yet…I kept pretending it wouldn’t.
- Seth
If you have a chance to be happy, then you need to take it.
I will always love you.
- Seth
The unfortunate part about being a good liar, however, was that while I could get other people to believe my words, I didn’t believe them myself.
- Georgina
There’s no time frame that’s set for everyone. If it’s what feels right to you, then you’ve got to do it.
- Georgina

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Heat.