Emily's Reviews > The Lady's Slipper

The Lady's Slipper by Deborah Swift

Jul 05, 2011

Read in July, 2011

So far I'm about a 3 to 4 stars rating. The story is really starting to roll and I'm having a hard time putting it down. All though there is a lot of injustice going on right now, I'm hopeful that there will be justice and some what of a happy ending. There is some surprising sex scenes that I wasn't expecting and I should have stopped reading then but I went on. Here's hoping it turns out to be a good one. 7/5/11
I finished today and I have changed my rating to 5 stars which you probably guessed means that it had a happy ending. I wonder if that surprising sex scene I mentioned earlier was to show you the kind of character Ella, the maid, was. (She is such a scoundrel. She goes after the master because she feels it will raise her to a better class of living. She makes me so mad.) Anyways, I found myself really involved in this novel because I really wanted to see justice give to the underdogs. It seems there were mostly scoundrels and villains in this book and they all picked on Alice and the Quakers.
I want to see a real lady slipper flower now so everything I read will become even more engrained.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lady's Slipper.