Darcy's Reviews > Shadow of Night

Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness

Jul 05, 12

bookshelves: 2012, e-book, net-galley-books, magic, time-travel, uf, vampires, witches, demons
Read from July 02 to 05, 2012

This book was so long and had so much going on it, at times it was hard to keep straight. It did do one unexpected thing, it made me want to read the first book again to see if the characters let slip anything that happens from this book.

I found Diana and Matthew's trip to be funny. For all her studies Diana was such a fish out of water and had a hard time to alter her thinking to blend in better. While Matthew seemed to walk a fine line, one where he was the Matthew of old and the Matthew that is the now and knows what is going to happen to all of his friends. Neither one could help themselves and probably ended up making more of an impact than either wanted to. I loved how in the present Matthew's family was on the lookout for those changes that they made and tried to snap up everything connected to it.

I thought it was funny how Matthew seemed to be at the center of so many plots and groups and how so many of the "famous" figures in history seemed to be in his circle of friends.

Now that Diana and Matthew are back in the present it will be interesting to see what happens next to them.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of Night.

07/02/2012
40.0% "This one starts out so much better than the first one."
show 2 hidden updates…