Valentina's Reviews > The Knowledge of Good & Evil

The Knowledge of Good & Evil by Glenn Kleier

4197862
Jan 18, 12

Read in January, 2012

This book is thrilling. That’s the best word I can find to describe it. From the moment it starts to the moment it ends, the reader is kept at the edge of his or her chair, breathless to see what happens next.
There is an intelligence to the plot that is lacking from a lot of the books that share a similar style. It is tempting to think of Dan Brown when we think of a thriller with a plot immersed in spirituality, but this book far surpasses the clichéd storied we’ve come to expect in this genre. What surprised me the most was the character development. That is not something that I had expected from a book that seemed to be plot-driven more than character-driven. I was glad to find that I had assumed wrong. Ian is a rich, complex character, well-crafted, with an obsessive streak that is a great contrast to Angela’s cooler, more analytical personality.
The writing itself is wonderful. The author does a great job with the pacing, which can sometimes ruin a book like this. It’s always either too fast, where the characters know everything, or molasses slow where nothing but dialogue happens for chapters on end. This book has a nice balance, which made it a pleasure to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Knowledge of Good & Evil.