Chelesbells's Reviews > The Stranger You Seek

The Stranger You Seek by Amanda Kyle Williams

Aug 20, 11

Read from August 16 to 20, 2011

I haven’t read a lot of thrillers lately, and I didn’t realize how much I missed that genre until I started reading this brilliant story by Amanda Kyle Williams.

Keye Street is a former FBI profiler turned PI who battles a past addiction and takes on an assortment of cases, from serving subpoenas to chasing after bail jumpers. When a serial killer haunts the sweltering city of Atlanta, Keye’s best friend/police Lieutenant Aaron Rauser asks for her help in profiling the murderer. She is then drawn into a heart slamming, mind blowing cat-and-mouse game that will keep you on the edge of your seat and staying up late at night to reach the conclusion of this riveting story.

Keye Street is my new favorite crime fighter, protagonist, and all-around female bad ass. I want to be her best friend, and I definitely want to be invited to her family’s house for dinner. It made me long for my mother’s home cooking and all those southern delicacies I grew up with. Seriously, she had me at Moon Pies and RC Cola. Thank goodness for all the grisly murders, or I might have gone off my diet. And believe me, they were gruesome, dark, and terrifying. Williams created a killer to be afraid of and a story that is not for the faint of heart.

The biggest, and most pleasant, surprise was the humor the author injected throughout the story. How can I be scared to death one moment and laughing out loud the next? That is amazing writing talent in my opinion. Being from the south, a lot of what I was reading hit close to home and her take on all things southern was spot on.

I loved the twists and turns the story took - thinking I had it all figured out and then having my theories come crashing down around me. I love an author that can keep me on my toes and Amanda Kyle Williams most definitely did.

Waiting to read more about Keye Street and the other characters Williams created will be torture. I cannot wait for the next installment!

I received a copy of this book for review from Netgalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stranger You Seek.

08/16/2011 page 52
08/18/2011 page 112
37.0% "Best cat name EVER. :D"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue I can't wait to read it, this sounds like my kind of book..