Sophie Riggsby's Reviews > Trial by Fire

Trial by Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Jul 05, 2011

Read in July, 2011

Published on Page Turners Blog on 7/13/11

Jennifer Lynn Barnes created one of my all-time favorite characters, Bryn. You see, while I love a HotBoywithSword, wolf myths usually leave me a little bored. But not in this case. Bryn’s a spirited, strong, teenage girl with an amazing capacity to love. When we last left Bryn in Raised by Wolves, she was a human alpha in charge of a young pack of werewolves who had both males and females in them. This is rare for packs where normally males dominate. And Bryn, as a human, has inherent physical weakness yet she protects her pack at all costs. I adore a book where a human girl can kick some you-know-what.

I have to point out Jennifer’s writing style, too, because when I opened the pages of the book, I wondered where she would take this story and could she live up to my expectations set by the action-packed climax of Raised by Wolves? Well, the answer is – yes. And here’s the very best part, not only did Bryn learn a lesson but I did, too. I learned that you can never forget any detail within these stories because it may pop up and take the plot spinning perfectly into a whole other, unexpected direction. Don’t you love those moments in a story?

As you pack your bags for summer vacation, be sure to toss in both Raised by Wolves and Trial by Fire. You’re going to need a well told story to read by that campfire or in that nicely air-conditioned hotel room, and these two books will provide you with hours of no-way-that-did-not-just-happen goodness.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trial by Fire.