Holli's Reviews > Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus by Kurt Vonnegut

Mar 20, 08

bookshelves: favorite-writers
Read in May, 2005

There's something utterly terrible in finishing a book that made you feel like your whole being (as never before) was acknowledged as beautiful while you read it. Tears...a lot of tears. A ache in your heart...a yearning for the love affair that you've just had with this author (reaching for him in your quiet times and not being rejected but Validated) is over. Done. Kaput. But to know that you are for now and for ever in love with him. That a simple little word strategically placed within its pages made your heart almost burst out of your chest. Remembering a randomly placed sentence that ripped your soul from your body and made you gasp, "That's exactly what I feel, what I knew all along." I just want to sit beside him and say thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...a million times...and each time have it make him feel at least part of the joy he's given to me. God, what an amazing man.

I don't know if its more horrible to have finished it or to recommend it. To give people a chance to say that everything you feel is rediculus or guffaw it away. But how can you deny anyone such a feeling that you've just had?
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hocus Pocus.