Julia's Reviews > Kitty's Big Trouble

Kitty's Big Trouble by Carrie Vaughn

Jul 08, 11

bookshelves: werewolves, vampires-weres-witches, urban-fantasy
Read from July 05 to 08, 2011

In the beginning of the novel, a listener sends Kitty information that perhaps General William Tecumseh Sherman was a werewolf. (And that’s just silly: anyone who’s read Chelsea Quinn Yarbro’s In the Face of Death from a few years back knows that his lover was a vampire.) Then she checks out that Wyatt Earp, who, in addition to the duties we know about, was also a vampire slayer. (In Emma Bull’s Territory he’s a powerful magic wielder. He’s also in Doc: A Novel, by Mary Doria Russell, that I am about to read. I wonder what she will do with him…)

The bulk of this book though, takes place in San Francisco’s Chinatown, or rather under it, where Kitty and her pack are called to help a vampire ally to find an ancient Chinese relic before an evil vampire finds it. This was fun.

The books I referred to in this: In the Face of Death (Madelaine series #2) by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, Territory by Emma Bull, Doc  A Novel by Mary Doria Russell.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitty's Big Trouble.