Angieleigh's Reviews > A Love That Multiplies: An Up-Close View of How They Make it Work

A Love That Multiplies by Michelle Duggar

Jul 05, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-2012-book-challenge
Read in July, 2011

As a huge fan of the Duggars reality series, I was eagerly anticipating the release of their second book. It was definitely worth the wait!

Even if you don't agree with their religious beliefs or their thoughts on children being gifts from God, meaning they abstain from using modern birth control methods {instead, they go by OT biblical practices} and allow God to decide on the size of their family, there is a lot of interesting information and a differing viewpoint on how to raise children in this day and age.

By differing I mean how children were raised in the fifties and sixties. While that may seem "old-fashioned", I do agree that children today are raised to be selfish and expect everything and anything. They raise their children to be Godly, and selfless, serving others with an open heart.

The only thing that I may not have found exactly necessary was their reiterating time and time again that they're not parenting experts or that they are not perfect - face it, no one is. But, even having said that, they really do love their children and raise them in the safest, loving way possible.

I for one will be following Michelle's lesson about speaking to children in a normal tone of voice and keeping anger to a minimum...they'll never learn how to handle a situation if all you do is yell at them and tell them they're wrong without explaining consequences.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Love That Multiplies.