Adam Wilson's Reviews > Dark Harvest

Dark Harvest by Norman Partridge

M_50x66
Jul 05, 11

Read in June, 2011

Dark Harvest by Norman Partridge is a book, or rather a novella, that I have longed to read for the past two years. It has received amazing amounts of praise from readers and authors and I can definitely see why. I can honestly say that I have read nothing like this book. This doesn’t always mean that I loved it though, just like when finishing yet another survival horror novel, it doesn’t mean I will hate it. It all depends on the way the story is presented and this one is presented in a way that is hard to compare to any other authors. I don’t exactly enjoy the type of writing style this little book had, but I have nothing but respect for the wild story which was filled with crazy metaphors. I hate using the word “imagery” to describe a book because everyone seems to jump all over that word but this little tale has some of the best horror imagery I have ever come across.
All that being said, I didn’t enjoy it much more than your average horror novel. I will soon forget the details of the creepy story because it just didn’t really interest me much. I will admit that I feel guilty for saying that because this seems like a horror fan’s dream book. Still, I disliked Stephen King’s Salem’s Lot and Cujo. In fact, Cujo is probably my least favorite King novel. I am very glad I finally got a chance to experience Dark Harvest though and I will be on the lookout for any of Partridge’s other books from now on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Harvest.