Susan (The Book Bag)'s Reviews > The Gin & Chowder Club

The Gin & Chowder Club by Nan Parson Rossiter

Sep 23, 11

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011, first-reads
Read from August 30 to September 01, 2011

I loved this book. I loved the setting of Cape Cod. Cape Cod is a place that I would love to visit someday. And this book took me there now. I could really feel the place from Ms. Rossiter's writing. She is a very good writer and the words seemed to flow off of the pages and through my mind.

The Gin & Chowder Club is a beautiful story of love and broken hearts. The story made me happy but it also made me cry a little too. There was a lot of growing up to be done after that summer.

The only thing I seemed to have trouble with was the age thing between the two main characters that have the affair. The young man was heading off to college and the women was older and a family friend.

I know, I know, this kind of thing happens all the time but I kept going back to the fact that he was only 18. Only 18! And there didn't seem to be very much angst about that fact. Sometimes I just didn't let myself think about how young he was. Other than that, the story was great and I am glad that I read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gin & Chowder Club.