Sarah's Reviews > Zola's Pride

Zola's Pride by Moira Rogers

Sep 08, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own-kindle, read-in-2011
Read on September 07, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Zola's Pride is a short story in Moira Rogers' Southern Arcana series set between books 2 & 3. The story was originally published in The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2 but is now also available as a free download on Moira Rogers' website. Although set after book 2 in the SA series I don't think it would give any spoilers so you could read it as an introduction to the author's work.

It's hard to mention the plot of a short story because it is easy to give too much away so I'll just tell you that the 2 main characters, Zola and Walker, are both lion shifters who used to belong to the same pride. When Zola was forced to leave she was devastated that Walker didn't go with her but he had very good reasons not to. Now ten years on they meet again & Walker has a lot of explaining to do.

With short stories there obviously isn't as much time to get to know the characters as well as you would in a full length novel but I still liked them both. Zola's Pride is a great quick read containing romance and a little bit of action & I really enjoyed it. I'm sure fans of the SA series will like the story & as I've already mentioned it would be a good way to try a new author if you haven't read anything by Moira Rogers before. Don't expect the plot to be as detailed as it would be in one of the SA novels but I appreciate the fact that Bree & Donna (the 2 ladies behind the name Moira Rogers) offer free reads to their fans to keep us going between their releases.

Now I'm just looking forward to getting started on Deadlock!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zola's Pride.