Ashley's Reviews > Pathfinder

Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card

Aug 01, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, fantasy, favorites, young-adult-literature
Recommended for: EVERYONE who loves fantasy!
Read from July 03 to 17, 2011, read count: 1

What a thoroughly intriguing book this has been! I loved this book from the very first page and it kept me reading until the last page and left me wanting more. This book has some amazingly deep and especially intelligent characters- this is something I especially loved about this book. There is so much to think about when reading this book- the plot, the futuristic details/scientific leaps, and the characters and their relationship to one another. At the beginning of this story you just really aren't sure what is going on or what is going to happen. (And by the end you still might not be sure! Ha, ha.) Card is truly an amazing writer who uses all the right techniques to create an amazing story world. This book is not lacking in any area- the writing is amazing, the characters are lovable, and the plot is impressive and keeps the reader excited and enthralled. I almost wonder if I would consider this book as a favorite of Orson Scott Card's even over the Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow series. It's a tough call. If you like fantasy- this is a perfect read. If you have a son who is around the Junior High age, this is the book for him. I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pathfinder.