Seth's Reviews > The Federalist Papers

The Federalist Papers by Alexander Hamilton

Jun 10, 07

Read the Federalist Papers. Then, just for kicks, switch on Hannity & Colmes, or Crossfire, or read USA Today... and then ask yourself, WHAT THE FUCKING CHRIST HAPPENED TO THIS COUNTRY? Then crawl into a corner and whimper for eight hours straight. (That's what I did.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Federalist Papers.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alex The vitriol Hamilton (or many others back then) would use on his opponents is nothing like what you hear on something like Hannity & Colmes. Things were a lot less civil then. So, you've actually got it backwards.

message 2: by Lee (new)

Lee Gibson But Alexander Hamilton was intelligent. That's the difference.

message 3: by Mark (new) - added it

Mark Seth's inane offensive language should be barred from this medium. I do not support freedom of speech to that degree. Let's agree, at minimum, to respect one another and be civil as we do.

Wendy Terry So true, Seth! I came away with the EXACT same thoughts. Then I took a class in college called History of Constitutional Law, and I realized that they basically just decided to ignore the document and do what they want. It took a while, but they screwed us over good.

message 5: by John (new)

John Milton Hey Mark, why stop there? Lets ban every single book from goodreads that uses "inane offensive language."

message 6: by Lee (new) - added it

Lee Olson "From the heart the mouth speakith!"