Debbie's Reviews > Willoughby's Return: A Tale of Almost Irresistible Temptation

Willoughby's Return by Jane Odiwe

Jul 05, 11

Recommended for: Jane Austen sequel lovers
Read from July 02 to 04, 2011

For my first Jane Austen Sequel novel it was everything I could have expected. I'm sure Ms Austen herself would be proud. This rendition involved all our favorite characters from Sense and Sensibility. Marianne is happilly living with Colonel Brandan and their child. Elinor, Edward and their children are enjoying quiet life at the parsonage near by. Mrs Dashwood and Margaret are still living at the comfortable cottage with the Middletons and Mrs Jennings involved in their lives as constant as ever. Youngest sister Margaret Dashwood is all grown up and looking for love. That bad boy Mr Willoughby makes a re-entry after years of absence. And Colonel Brandon's relatives the Lawrences and their handsome young son Henry come to town. Love, romance, society, parties, dancing, gossip all the things we love about Jane Austen novels makes an appearance. A very nice, light, quick read. Not at all like a harliquin/Fabio novel, which I was so fearful of. I would recommend this book to other Austen-ights or lovers of period novels.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Willoughby's Return.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Charlene Thanks. This is on my long list of to be read books. I haven't picked it on this site but will. I've read other books by Ms Odiwe and really liked her writing style.

Debbie Charlene wrote: "Thanks. This is on my long list of to be read books. I haven't picked it on this site but will. I've read other books by Ms Odiwe and really liked her writing style."

I loved it! Yes, it was a good quick read. Or maybe that was because I enjoyed it so much... ;o)