Angela's Reviews > The Artist's Rule: Nurturing Your Creative Soul with Monastic Wisdom

The Artist's Rule by Christine Valters Paintner

My husband says he reads bad evangelism books because there aren't any good ones. This is a bad Christianity/creativity book, but I suspect there aren't any good ones of those, either. Low rating is due mostly to creative theology/doctrine, but also the way the material was presented wasn't to my taste. I felt many of the suggested exercises would be a waste of time, and I thought many of the poems used for examples weren't that great.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Artist's Rule.

08/24/2012
10/05/2012
16.0% "I let this sit so long that I started over. I'm not super comfortable with what I've read so far. My early impression is that perhaps this way of thinking about creativity is out of proportion. Creativity is a natural response to our Creator, but it's not the only one or the most important one."
01/16/2013
25.0% "Let this sit again for another few months. Have decided to plow on through, take what I can, and jettison the rest. Creativity is characterized as overly important, scripture is quoted out of context, and I see a whole lot of new-agey ideas. Bleh."
show 5 hidden updates…