Karla's Reviews > Cowboy Casanova

Cowboy Casanova by Lorelei James

4 1/2 stars! Oh it's good to be back with boys of Wyoming! It’s like coming home, unfortunately there are no McKay’s where I live, so I’m thinking about moving.

This installment in the Rough Rider’s series is about Ben and the lifestyle he lives outside of Sundance. He’s a Dom and very popular at the Rawhide bar. That’s where he meets Ainsley, sparks fly and they agree to exclusive sex play in a Dom/sub relationship for a month. The first half of this book is one sex scene after the other, and I have to say I felt like the story got lost along the way. That’s not to say that the first half wasn’t good, just a bit repetitive. Ainsley did not submit completely, challenged Ben, and I really enjoyed that about their relationship. Finding out who they were and how far they were willing to go, or in certain instances, what they are willing to give up. Then about halfway through, the book came back to life, and we got glimpses of the family that I love so much. The joking, the camaraderie, and the oozing testosterone…YUM! At one point the McKay men get into a “pissing contest” over a disagreement, and woohoo, the boys were back in town!! I enjoy when they go toe to toe and then resolve their differences. I can picture them in my mind, I did picture them in my mind…it was a vision I had a hard time letting go of…uh-oh, it’s back!! MMMMMMM!!!!

It doesn’t matter the tone she sets in her books, or the situations she presents, Lorelei James ropes you in and doesn’t let go. The dialogue is fantastic, she gives us scrumptious men, and Ben was no exception. The women, like Ainsley, are sassy, smart and they can think for themselves. She starts to set up future relationships and it’s easy to guess who will end up together, but it makes it no less exciting. As a matter a fact the anticipation and waiting for the next book is killing me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cowboy Casanova.

12/11/2011
20.0% "Woowee...time for the Sea World misting fan!" 10 comments
12/11/2011
23.0% "OMG...family gathering, Keely and the boys. I love it." 2 comments
12/12/2011
59.0% "So much steamy goodness, Ben is hot! Gotta watch the quiet ones."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jackie can't wait for Ben's story!

Karla I love Ben and I love this series!!!

Kellie G. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! Ben is yummy!

Karla I'm only at 14%, but I like it so far. It heated up very fast, and Ainsley is very amusing!

message 5: by Jenny E (new)

Jenny E I think I left off at book 8 or 9 in this series! I have to get back to this series for sure. Look foward to your review!

Karla Jenny E wrote: "I think I left off at book 8 or 9 in this series! I have to get back to this series for sure. Look foward to your review!"

You do have to get back into this. The last book was Chase's and before that Keely's, both excellent. Keely's was so funny, you would love it and Chase is delicious.

message 7: by Jenny E (new)

Jenny E Oh Keely's was my FAVORITE, but I don't remember Chase's though, so I must have left off there!

Karla Yes, I'm sorry it was Keely, Kane, I think the novella about Keely's wedding with the delicious Jack, Brandt and then Chase, YOWZA! You have to catch up Jenny.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Karla, I couldn't help but have a grin plastered to my face while I reading your review. Fantastically done.

Taryn at My Secret Romance Nice review, Karla! I seriously need to catch up on this series...I am so behind. But I can only take so many cowboys at once...

Karla Kristen wrote: "Karla, I couldn't help but have a grin plastered to my face while I reading your review. Fantastically done."

Sometimes I get carried away, what can I say. Did you see Kristen, I have a Sea World misting fan shelf...all because of you my friend!

Karla Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Nice review, Karla! I seriously need to catch up on this series...I am so behind. But I can only take so many cowboys at once..."

Where did you leave off Taryn? Sometimes when you walk away and then come back, it makes the books that much sweeter to read.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Karla wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Karla, I couldn't help but have a grin plastered to my face while I reading your review. Fantastically done."

Sometimes I get carried away, what can I say. Did you see Kristen, I h..."

OMG! I didn't. LMAO. So perfect, I love it. I will be keeping a lookout to see what other books make it on that much coveted book shelf.

Taryn at My Secret Romance Karla wrote: "Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Nice review, Karla! I seriously need to catch up on this series...I am so behind. But I can only take so many cowboys at once..."

Where did you leave off Taryn?..."

Very true and I got to the 9th book.

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus I can't believe there's no more! I want more McKays... = (

Karla I know, it's addictive and now we have to go through temporary withdrawal *sniff*.

Taryn at My Secret Romance Kellie wrote: "I can't believe there's no more! I want more McKays... = ("

What do you mean no more McKays?