Aubrie Dionne's Reviews > Escape to Love

Escape to Love by Cher Green

Aug 22, 11

Read in August, 2011

Reminiscent of the Salem Witch Trials

Constance Spencer thinks she’s a failure, both as a witch and in love. Living with her cat, she practices magic that never works and still thinks of her breakup five years ago. But that all changes the day her fingers slip during a ritual and she drops the match into the water bowl. Her incantation is a success! A portal forms in her backyard, sucking her in.

Constance falls into a world where magic abounds, but only council members can practice it, and witches are persecuted. By interrupting their council and demonstrating her own magic, she is persecuted as well.

But one man fights for her. Captivated by her glowing beauty, Lawrence recognizes her from his dreams. Only with his help can she make it back to her world.

Escape to Love is action packed with a sweet romance at its core. Cher’s writing is very smooth and calming to read. I enjoyed watching Constance fall in love and find her own way in the twisted new world she’s fallen into. I love how Cher incorporates wiccan rituals and incantations. This story reminded me of the Salem witch trials, and how we all must work at accepting different cultures.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Escape to Love.