drey's Reviews > Eon: Dragoneye Reborn

Eon by Alison Goodman

Jul 05, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, fantasy, multi-cultural, ya
Read in June, 2011

Set in an Asian-inspired world, Alison Goodman's Eon: Dragoneye Reborn is a story about a girl from the salt mines who's hidden her gender and suffered through humiliation to be able to stand before the dragons on this New Year's Day. To be able to hope that the ascending dragon chooses her.

But the trial on this New Year's Day is fraught with danger of the political and ambitious kind. When power is available, power is sought. And the newly-ascended Dragoneye Lord definitely seeks power. Eon attracts both his suspicion and his scheming when she is selected, not by the ascending Rat Dragon, but by the dragon that rules them all--the long-missing Mirror Dragon. But there's a problem--Eon didn't bind with her dragon, and therefore cannot control her dragon's powers. What will she do when the Emperor clearly marks her as his own and involves her in court intrigue?

Eon: Dragoneye Reborn is an excellent fantasy adventure that focuses on the characters and yet has action and drama galore. I could not put it down once I started, and my 8-year-old has expressed interest in the story (more for the dragons than anything else, I'd bet).
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eon.