Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter's Reviews > Rude Awakening

Rude Awakening by Veronica Chadwick

Jul 08, 11

bookshelves: five-star-reads
Read from July 07 to 08, 2011

Loved it!

Ladies, relax, even in real life you've got a chance to meet a hunky hottie! Because let's face it, you don't have to be model thin, model tall, and model beautiful...actually, there are a lot of men out there who like a bit more flesh on their women's bodies. The problem is that women are too self-critical. We ALWAYS have issues with our bodies and that's nonsense. Ehm, that's kind of a self-awareness... :) Based on the evolution a woman's body has to have more body fat because she has to bear children and of course she has to nurture them and the man was (still is?) the hunter and protector...

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. The heroine was quite average with a lot of body "issues". Even if she was insecure she was strong, brave, and feisty, too. And she brought the womanizer hero to his knees! It was absolutely believable how the hero fell for the heroine - and he fell hard! I was wondering if the author had the same experiences? This was no fairy tale but a wonderfully written love story with a good part of suspense.

Jaimee (James) Turner was stuck in her past. She lost her husband 8 months ago and was still grieving. She was a chubby English teacher and knew that she was nothing special (her self-image).

Enter Lucas Grayson...he shows her a passion she had never known and she indulges in exciting sexual experiences. Yeah, Lucas, please do me too...anytime! Ehm, my boyfriend didn't hear that. *cough* :) Jaimee thought that gorgeous men as Lucas was were not interested in a future with a woman like her. My oh my, the woman was so wrong!

Lucas knew getting involved with the woman he was assigned to watch was dangerous and not so smart. He "professionally" seduced women all the time in his government job. But never a woman that he truly cared about. The investigation into Jaimee's late husbands embezzlement of funds from The Collective (the villains) was proving more difficult than he anticipated...

There was a wonderful secondary character in this book: Maxine was Jaimee's best friend. The interactions between Jaimee and Max made me laugh! So funny and exhilarating!! Max was quite cocky. Aw, women love to gossip - that's a fact.

Five stars - and they are well deserved!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rude Awakening.

07/07/2011
60.0% "It is very good - I am pleasantly surprised!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Taryn at My Secret Romance Great review! Sounds like a great book that needs to be added to my list.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Thanks Taryn. Yeah, it is worth your while!

Taryn at My Secret Romance I went and bought it from Samhain Publishing because I had a credit there. So I just have to put it on my kindle now.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Wow, great! Enjoy it! I am currently reading "Sweet Surrender" by Deanna Lee. I found a "new" author. I really like this book. Very likeable characters and absolutely wonderful secondary characters, too!

Taryn at My Secret Romance I love to find new authors, too:)

message 6: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy Sounds good Baba!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Wendy wrote: "Sounds good Baba!"

Yeah, this book IS good. I was really pleasantly surprised!

Karla Thanks Baba, I will check this one out!

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Nice review Baba I think I will add this one to the tbr pile.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) wrote: "Nice review Baba I think I will add this one to the tbr pile."

Thanks, Jo! I hope you will enjoy it when you get to it eventually.

message 11: by Dd (new)

Dd Wonderful review Baba!!:))

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Dd wrote: "Wonderful review Baba!!:))"

Thank you, D. :))