Michael's Reviews > Fever

Fever by Lauren DeStefano

Jul 05, 2011

Read from March 27 to April 03, 2012

Fever is the second in The Chemical Garden Trilogy and after being impressed by the first one Wither my expectations were high. Im pleased to announce that Fever didnt disappoint with a storyline that has hightened my expectations for the final instalement. The story picks of were Wither left of with Rhine and Gabriel escaped from the Mansion and trying to get to Manhatten to find Rhines Brother Rowan.

What they find though is not what they planned as they go from place to place trying to get to Manhatten. Along the way Rhine and Gabriel are captured by a mistress called Madame who sees Rhine as a valuble comodity, are brought in by a seemingly nice couple only for things to not work out and find shelter in a orphanage. Its while at the orphanage that Rhine finds her way home only to find it burnt to the ground and with no sign of Rowan. Rhine health mysteriously deteriates with Gabriel's suspicion being its caused by Vaughn.

The last few chapters confirmed my thoughts about a few characters with Vaughn showing his true colours as an evil controlling fiend and Linden as someone who did love Rhine and was lied to by Vaughn for so many years. My thoughts now go with much excitement to how the trilogy will end with the revalations and truths that will be revealed and if Rhine will be with Rowan once more and what will become of Gabriel, Linden and Vaughn. Bring it on i say.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fever.

03/27/2012 page 52
show 6 hidden updates…

message 1: by Mish (new)

Mish This series turned out to be a success for you Michael :) – I must get my hands Wither.

Mmm! so many good books out there...I need more time

message 2: by Michael (last edited Apr 04, 2012 12:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michael You Do Mish. Its a great series and thereis still the final instalment to come. Yipeee. :D

message 3: by Mish (new)

Mish Oh! thanks Michael for that...I'll go hunting on the online book sites. BD maybe!

Michael I changed my comment thought you meant Fever even though youll get it cheaper os. :D

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie ooo yay, looks like ill be picking up the second one

Michael Yes you do Melanie just order from os as there is no set date release here.

message 7: by Mish (new)

Mish Michael wrote: "I changed my comment thought you meant Fever even though youll get it cheaper os. :D"

I found out that Wither is at my library so I won't need to buy it aftar all. If they have Wither there, I would say they should bring in Fever soon :) thanks Michael

Michael Dont hold your breath on Fever Mish like i saud unless the library order from os it might be well over a year before its in. =/