Cari's Reviews > Cover Me

Cover Me by Catherine Mann

Jul 21, 2011

bookshelves: catherine-mann, elite-force, military
Read from July 14 to 19, 2011

Catherine Mann keeps getting better and better!

Cover Me is one of those books that you want to just sit and read with no interruptions... You want to stay up until 4 in the morning to finish it. It's suspenseful, adventurous and exciting. I had never heard of pararescue jumpers (PJs) before this book. Serious respect to the men and women who serve in this elite force team. I love the insights that Catherine always provides into the Air Force or whatever military branch.

As I read Cover Me, in addition to being enthralled by the book, I would have loved to jump a real-life Wade Rocha. (Don't tell my husband!) Sunny is a lucky woman. She's also strong, independent, fiercely loyal, but has been living in an "off-the-grid" community in the Aleution Mountains. She has to face that people she knows, grows up with and who are possibly family have betrayed the community and their country. The side story of Sunny's sister, Misty, add a different, but complementary flavor to the story.

Catherine also writes from the perspective of the top villian in the book, Brett, so that you understand what he's doing and why. He's not purely evil, but is definitely a bad guy.

I recommend that you read ALL of Catherine's books. They are always engaging. Read her Wingmen Warrior series.... LOVE them. You get to know the characters as they flow through the series. I miss them, to be honest.

Anyway, kudos to Catherine Mann again! another winner!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cover Me.