Rjsmommy's Reviews > The Rescue

The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks

Jul 04, 2011

bookshelves: firefighters-are-hot-romances
Read from July 04 to 05, 2011

This is the first Sparks novel I read and even though I enjoyed it I'm not sure I'll read another. I was drawn to this novel for two reasons...first the aspect of the special needs son. I have an son with Asperger's and ADHD and am also a single mom so I tend to identify with the struggles of these characters. Secondly, I have to admit to the typical female attraction of a fireman especially one with the hinted at troubling past. This book was an easy read (done in about 5 hours) and kept my attention throughout. I admired the female lead, Denise, due to her independence, strength, and devotion to her child. I felt for Taylor who always tried to help others but couldn't help himself...not even realizing he needed help. And I loved little Kyle who so reminded me of my son. I would have liked to have seen more of the aftermath of Taylor's revelation and how it lead to the culmination of Denise's and TAylor's relationship...it seemed as if Sparks rushed the ending. I will definitely recommend this book to my friends who are looking for a romantic piece of angst with a HEA.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rescue.