Inspired Kathy's Reviews > Siren's Storm

Jul 28, 11

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from July 04 to 07, 2011

This is a book I definitely should have written a review on weeks ago when I finished it. This is not a book that stuck with me. I had to go reread the summary, a few reviews and flip through the book to remember what happened in it.

The sirens or more accurately seekriegers in this book are creepy. They brought to my mind the mermaid creatures from the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie not The Little Mermaid Ariel. There is some very interesting new mythology on sirens most of which is shared at the end of the book.

This book was a little slow to start but it was worth reading. About half way through the book the story really starts to pick up when the main character Will reads through a captain's log and we start to learn the history of the sirens. At the end of the book we finally get some of the information I'd been waiting for throughout the story. I do want to read the sequel because I'm interested to learn more about the mythology of these sea creatures.

Content: I didn't flag this as a clean read but can't remember anything objectionable so I'm guessing it just has a little bit of language but honestly I can't remember!

Rating: 3 Stars

Source: From author for review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Siren's Storm.