Yarethzia's Reviews > Lola and the Boy Next Door

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Jul 01, 12

bookshelves: wished-i-owned
Read on January 10, 2012

Okay. So most people said that this book is better than Anna and the French Kiss.
And um... I liked Anna and the French Kiss better than this book.

I think Anna just had more cute & funny moments and hello? Paris? The city of love?(:

Also, I don't really enjoy books that have alot of age difference and this one definetly had some.
The guy, Max, is in a band, is 22 years old, smokes, & drinks. he's only a butt, a big fat and mean butt. Lola, on the other point, is still in high school trying to find herself in the middle of loads of costumes, fabrics, and drama. I liked Cricket but he honestly has nothing against St. Clair. I mean, can you really compete against a british accent? Ugh, no.

I really have to point out how much I love this writter's writing. It's amazing, cute, and realistic at the same time. It has alot of humor which is a plus since realistic comtemporary is sometimes a drag without a bit of humor now and there.

I cannot wait for the last companion novel to Anna and the French Kiss, which comes out in 2013.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lola and the Boy Next Door.

Quotes Yarethzia Liked

Stephanie Perkins
“Saw two fallen branches in the shape of a heart. Thought of you.”

Stephanie Perkins
“Life isn’t about what you get, it’s about what you DO with what you get.”
tags: life

Stephanie Perkins
“When I come back, the club is packed. There's hardly any standing room. Anna snagged a wooden bar stool, one of the few seats here. St. Clair stands close to her, facing her, and he smoothes the platinum stripe in her hair. She pulls him even closer by the top of his jeans, one finger tucked inside. It's an intimate gesture. I'm embarrassed to watch, but I can't look away.
He kisses her slowly and deeply. They don't care that anyone could watch. Or maybe they've forgotten they aren't alone. When they break apart, Anna says something that makes him fall into silly, boyish laughter. For some reason, that's the moment that makes me turn away. Something about their love is painful.”

Stephanie Perkins
“Where in the bloody hell did that come from?" asks the other person behind the counter. Or more precisely, on top of the counter, where her ridiculously attractive, English-accented boyfriend is perched.
He's the other thing I like about Anna. Wherever she goes, he follows.
He nods toward the baby wipe. "What else are you carrying in your pockets? Dust rags? Furniture polish?"
"Watch it," she says. "Or I'll scrub your arms, Étienne."
He grins. "As long as you do it in private.”

Stephanie Perkins
“If I weren't standing next to your boyfriend, I'd be tempted to ask you out myself."
She blushes, and St. Clair bounds inside the box office and wrestles her into a hug. "Miiiiiiiiine!" he says.
"Cut it out." Anna pushes him off, laughing. "You'll get fired. And then I'll have to support your sorry arse for the rest of our lives.”

Stephanie Perkins
“You can't avoid your problems forever. No one can.”