Wendy Darling's Reviews > Etiquette & Espionage

Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger

Tea should be required for the reading of all Gail Carriger books, don't you think?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Etiquette & Espionage.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

did you see the cover art for this today? i am pro cover. http://gailcarriger.blogspot.com/2012...

Wendy Darling I hadn't seen that, Kate, thank you! I likey the cover, too. :) I'm DYING for her YA series, though, I'm so sad it won't be out until next year.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

i know, such a long wait. i die with you.

Wendy Darling Let us die on the couch together. Oh, oh, Kate! Did you see the photos I posted of my new tea cups on Twitter?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

the hidden fox?

Wendy Darling Yes. :) And the hidden bear one. I love them so much.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

yes i saw! can we enjoy them on the couch together? do you have a preference - fox or bear?

Wendy Darling Ohh, I love them both! The bear looks sort of disgruntled, which I rather enjoy, but then the fox looks so calm and happy. You're the guest, I'll let you choose. :D

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 16, 2012 03:52PM) (new)

Oh ok, ill choose the bear then. Although im sure we'll make it through a few cups of tea before Feb so we can always switch :)

Wendy Darling Hee hee, yes. :) Oh, to be in Victorian London, Kate. *sigh*

message 11: by Ashleigh (new) - added it

Ashleigh Hvinden I am so jealous right now! :D

message 12: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie oh yay! So excited for this one. :) I hope you're loving it.

message 13: by ♥Rachel♥ (new)

♥Rachel♥ Oh gosh, I love this cover! Hope the insides are just as good. Enjoy. :)

message 14: by Renu (new)

Renu Ooh, I love the title and the cover is awesome too! Hope you enjoy it, Wendy. :)

Wendy Darling It's really fun so far, ladies! As you'd expect with Gail Carriger.

Also, it still makes me sad that Kate deleted her GoodReads account. :(

message 16: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Viera I LOL'ed at this photo! What a gorgeous cover too.

Wendy Darling Hah. Well, I think it should! And yes, I like the cover, too. More than I like the Parasol Protectorate covers, actually, though this one is similar in style.

Skeletonorchid This is just pure perfection <3 Looking foward to read this book , although with high expections which sometimes can turn out to be a bad thing

Wendy Darling :) I am only about 60 pages in, but so far it's very fun! I agree it's better to keep expectations in check, though.

P.S. The finishing school FLOATS.

message 20: by Sanette (new) - added it

Sanette Oh I'm so excited for this book! I preordered it a while ago and can't wait for it to be delivered. I'm looking forward to your review.

Sarah (saz101) YES. ABSOLUTELY. Anything else is an afront ^__^

message 22: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Viera Wendy Darling wrote: "Hah. Well, I think it should! And yes, I like the cover, too. More than I like the Parasol Protectorate covers, actually, though this one is similar in style."

I like it better too! I think it's the use of selective coloring that really makes it work.

Wendy Darling Excellent! I'm glad you have one coming to you, Sanette. :)

Sarah--yay! Tea lovers (and Gail Carriger lovers) unite! If only we could all gather together for a giant tea party. The chatter would be deafening.

Carissa--agreed. The purply background really makes everything pop, and I think keeping it simpler helps, too. (No skylines and such.)

message 24: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Tea is most definitely required. It might be a tad difficult to turn the pages in gloves though. ;)

message 25: by Rogier (new) - added it

Rogier have fun wendy

Wendy Darling That's what I said on my Instagram, Bonnie!

Thanks Rogier. :) So far, I am!

message 27: by Cindy (last edited Jan 10, 2013 09:40AM) (new) - added it

Cindy Can't wait to read this one. I know you read her as an adult in the Soulless series and really like it. And yes some herbal orange and spice tea sounds delicious:D I think I want some now it is freezing in Iowa. lol.

Wendy Darling Oh, I think you'd like this author, Cindy! *pours tea for you* And yes, I am immensely fond of Soulless. I still want to pepper it with kisses.

message 29: by Lili (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lili Oh gosh, I want this one so badly! It looks like I'll absolutely adore it! kldjfglkjdfg :/

message 30: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie It just got added onto Edelweiss in case anyone's interested in requesting it. :)

Wendy Darling I feel bad since I've had this for awhile and am just now getting around to it, Lili--but not too much longer to wait! It's nearly publishing time.

Thanks for the heads up, Miss Bonnie! I'll let people know if there is more hand-wringing. :)

message 32: by Lili (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lili Wendy Darling wrote: "I feel bad since I've had this for awhile and am just now getting around to it, Lili--but not too much longer to wait! It's nearly publishing time.

Thanks for the heads up, Miss Bonnie! I'll let p..."

True, true. Still over 3 weeks away though :/ And I put myself on a book buying ban due to saving up for college textbooks but GAH! LOOK AT IT!

message 33: by Cindy (new) - added it

Cindy Wendy Darling wrote: "Oh, I think you'd like this author, Cindy! *pours tea for you* And yes, I am immensely fond of Soulless. I still want to pepper it with kisses."

message 34: by Cindy (new) - added it

message 35: by Jen (new)

Jen Ryland Love the photo!

Wendy Darling Thanks Jen! I guess tea goes well with most books, though. :)

message 37: by Jen (new)

Jen Ryland I'm making some right now to drink while I write reviews.

Wendy Darling That sounds lovely! I might have to do that myself later.

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) I am so envious! I love Gail Carriger - and your teacup set. I can't wait to see how this one is. It has a lot to live up to with the Parasol Protectorate, but honestly, I don't see GC losing a step in a new genre.

message 40: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle ☆Jessie☆ (Ageless Pages Reviews) wrote: "I am so envious! I love Gail Carriger - and your teacup set. I can't wait to see how this one is. It has a lot to live up to with the Parasol Protectorate, but honestly, I don't see GC losing a ste..."

Same here! Can't wait to see what you have to say about it.

Wendy Darling So far the transition to YA is seamless, Jessie and Michelle--the author's witty narrative hasn't dumbed down at all. I hope you get your hands on it soon! :) I love this author, too.

message 42: by Vi (new) - added it

Vi Vi Can't wait to buy this one! Can you rec me other books of the same vein? Quality YA steampunk?

Chelsea Very cool =]

Courtney I'm so jealous!

message 45: by Cat (new) - added it

Cat This looks lovely.

message 46: by Divergent (new) - added it

Divergent Gryffindor You;re so lucky, and I'm sojealous!

Jennifer at The Bawdy Book Blog I love the over of this book!

message 48: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Pretty picture! Beautiful book also!!

message 49: by NotoriousGOT (new)

NotoriousGOT I adore this photo!

message 50: by Brandi (new) - added it

Brandi Did you finish this one Wendy?

« previous 1