Stefanie's Reviews > The Ridge

The Ridge by Michael Koryta

1420916
Jul 06, 11

Read from July 04 to 06, 2011

It seems to be a pattern that I'll take a day off sick to stay home and rest and then will be completely unable to sleep, so I end up spending the whole day in bed reading. I did that today and read this book pretty much in its entirety.

This is the second Michael Koryta book I've read, after Mom suggested I try his "So Cold the River." He's based in Indiana and writes about places that I have visited with my family, so I really like the local appeal. "The Ridge" is based in part on a real-life exotic big cat wildlife refuge that I have visited and it was cool to have my own memories of the place to help visualize some of the story.

Like "So Cold the River," Koryta mixes mystery with supernatural thriller, and I think he does it well in this book. There's something strange going on out there on that ridge, and the cats and a local cop can sense it. If you're looking for a good summer book and you don't mind a little ghost in your mystery, I recommend this one.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ridge.

Christine Definitely let me know how it is. I loved So Cold The River but wasn't as keen on The Cypress House.

Stefanie I loved So Cold The River too, and this is the first of his others I'm reading. That one took place at my favorite historic hotel. So far this one is good, combining the local scenery with a supernatural kind of mystery.

Christine That's what The Cypress House tried to do, but I felt like the supernatural part got plowed under other stuff. I'm optimistic about The Ridge!