Kristi's Reviews > A Want So Wicked

A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young

Aug 31, 12

bookshelves: own-arc, books-i-own
Read on February 18, 2012

A Want So Wicked is the fabulous sequel to A Need So Beautiful. I love these book, although A Need So Beautiful is still my favorite. This is a much different story with new characters, new places, but there are a few familiar faces that you will recognize from the first novel. Now, even though the story is different, you’ll still want to read book one.

A Want So Wicked is a continuation of Charlotte’s, although she’s not exactly in the story. Confused? I was a little bit too. In A Need So Beautiful we learn about the compulsion, the “need” that Charlotte has been battling. In A Want So Wicked we learn a bit more about the bigger picture that was only introduced in book one with the scary Onika.

This is Elise’s story.

She just recently moved to a new town after the death of her mother with her father and sister. She’s been having these visions or dreams and has no idea what they are, but she’s too afraid to mention them to anyone. What could these strange visions be!?!

Throw in a cute and charasmatic co-worker (Abe) and the motorcycle riding bad boy (Harlin) and you have one confused girl! And yes, the bad boy with the heart of gold is back! Yay Harlin!

I didn’t connect with Elise as much as I did Charlotte. I wanted to slap Elise a few times. Come on girl, open your eyes! And even though I was excited to see Harlin return, I wasn’t really digging his relationship with Elise. Hoping something will go on there in book three. It was just missing something, or maybe I was just so used to him and Charlotte.

I loved learning more about the darkness and the crazy Onika. I can’t wait to see where that develops. The ending was crazy pants! Need book three, ASAP!

Overall, this was a great sequel. I love this work that Young has created and the characters too!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Want So Wicked.

dateDown_arrow    newest »