N.T. Embe's Reviews > V.B. Rose Volume 2

V.B. Rose Volume 2 by Banri Hidaka

Jul 04, 2011

bookshelves: manga
Recommended to N.T. by: Ine Terazue
Recommended for: Shoujo fans~ Those who love seeing others grow and blossom~ With a cracky fun, lighthearted twist!
Read on July 04, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 6

Oh wow~ I feel so comfortable in this world that Banri Hidaka created for this manga~ I also love the fact that she has a tendency to bring in a bunch of other characters from her other works! It's so cool seeing these awesome people that are all from other mangas she's done! They're so cooool! It really makes me want to read the other series she's made! But ah! XD I'm totally getting carried away by my happiness~! So in this volume we finally get to see the love interest developing. *Huffs happily and smiles* I was always really please with how Hidaka-sensei did this. Because Ageha-chan doesn't act stupid about it, or spend endless hours "wondering about her feelings" and other drab nonsense. She just comes right out and tells her best friend (Mamoru-chan) that she thinks she loves--OOPS. No~ Not telling, even though it SHOULD be obvious if you're paying ANY attention at all. ;3 The point being, Ageha still has her moments. She gets really emotional sometimes, and gets carried away by it. But because she's such a tough and gung-ho character the rest of the time, with a great heart and who brings a TON of fun into the series no matter WHO she's around~ I don't find myself holding it against her. *Smiles and bounces in her seat a bit*

In fact, I find that the more times I read through this series, the more I respect Ageha for feeling the things she does. She's not like other girls who feel one way and then act completely different or start exaggerating their situation. Mind, Ageha does have a tendency to--*Laughs* Well! To express her emotions on a bit of a LOUDER channel than most! *Chuckles* But she's authentic when she does it. Her fears and concerns, her desires and her loves, her passions and irritations are all so very her that I at least don't find they grate on my nerves. Sure at some times I frowned a bit and thought it was a bit much--I think she had one moment in this volume where I felt that way--but after a few more pages I just have to sigh and smile, because she always makes an effort to right however she's feeling. Especially and most importantly when she's feeling or acting stupid~ And that takes a lot of class to realize and admit, let alone correct at the threat of looking like a complete dumbass or jerk.

But besides that, I love the play on boundaries that starts in this volume. It's going to be brought up quite a few more times in the next few volumes as well, but I think it's a beautiful and intelligent addition to the series by Banri Hidaka. What V.B. Rose does right is the way it's set up to be so "every-day" that you can feel relaxed in it, no matter the situation~ God! I can't express how timeless this sensation is! Banri Hidaka is a master of taking the simple, everyday life--from job to school, to friendship and rivalries, your family versus how other people's families are--all these perfectly normal things, and making them the flawless nest into which to put these characters. I think that's what makes this manga stand out so much from the crowd. There's no real story here.... Like I wouldn't say there's a devious, diabolical and chaotic plot like you would expect from most mangas that count on their story to carry people through instead of the lackluster characters~ No, instead... there's just people. And watching them exist, live out their lives, interact and make mistakes and grow apart or grow together... it creates this beautiful masterpiece that doesn't need anything more than that natural human element, of which Banri Hidaka is so excellent at portraying. *Smiles happily* The story is our characters. And with the skill in which Hidaka-sensei has them act and interact, that's all that you need. Characters, above anything else, make or break all stories, whether written or drawn or both. *Smiles warmly* ...and V.B. Rose has a cast that I wouldn't ever discard from my heart~ <3 ^__^ They are absolutely fantastic.

So if you're looking for some great people to grow with, pick up this series! I promise it's worth the trip~! <3

Also, I know my reviews are a little short for this series, but this is just one of those that you have to enjoy for yourself~ Then you'll understand why it's so easy to enjoy~! ^___^
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read V.B. Rose Volume 2.

07/04/2011 page 0
0.0% "And here goes Volume 2! Yay!! So excited! 8D Can't wait to re-read what happens here! >W< Teehee!!! <3"
07/04/2011 page 45
23.0% ">XD!!!!!!! YUKARI HITS HER RIGHT IN THE HEAD! BOOM! HEADSHOT! WHOOOO! *Cheering and pepped up with all the chaos going on!* ROFL to his reaction!! PRICELESS! "WHAT?! AGEHA'S HERE?! *CHUCKS HARD OBJECT AT HER HEAD!* I TOLD YOU NOT TO COME UNTIL EXAMS ARE OVER!!" *One second later* "Huh? They're over?" XDDDDDDDD <33333333!!!"
07/04/2011 page 54
28.0% "And yet when I say that everyone in this book reminds me of my life no one believes me. >__> This page, the way Mamoru-chan acts...is exactly like Rain Misoa, here on GoodReads and a close friend of mine. =___= .......I know you know I'm riiiight, Rain. JUST YOU WAIT UNTIL YOU READ IT TOO! YOU'LL SEE! D8< *Shakes fist!* Anyway, onwards and enough of my babbling! XD"
07/04/2011 page 56
29.0% "=O= ....... *Cricket...cricket...cricket* ...juuuuuust like Rain."
07/04/2011 page 65
34.0% "WAHHH! WHERE ARE THE PAGE NUMBERS AT THE BOTTOM! I NEED TO WRITE DOWN WHERE THE CUTE PARTS ARRREEEE!!! *Flailing! Counts to page!* XD Omg! This scene has got to be one of my FAVORITE in the ENTIRE series!! It's so AUTHENTIC! 8DDD People do things like this in real too! Awww!! SO CUTE! For her to send a video to him of her daily stuff and show him what's going on in her school! It's ADORABLE! AND HIS REACTION~! CUTE~!"
07/04/2011 page 72
38.0% "OMG! IT'S THE SCENE!! IT'S -THE- SCENE! 8DDD I actually felt my under-arms after this (Note: Not armpits) just to check, and you know what...he's right. '_' ...P.S. You won't know until you read, and I have no plans on ever telling anyone unless they read. On that note: Both my sisters have tried this and checked to see if it was accurate.... They agreed it was. X3"
07/04/2011 page 81
42.0% "The magic of this story is...amazing sometimes. Not until I turn the page and the scene changes did I even realize that I had a smile on my face the entire time they were talking about Yukari and his father. *Smiles warmly again* ...magical, the way this manga affects you. You don't even realize.... *Trails off happily and continues reading*"
07/04/2011 page 90
47.0% "XD Omg. There are SO many things to say about this page, but one word sums them all up: Mitsu! *Laughs* I love Ageha's comment: WHAT? YOU'RE SMART!? XDDD!! And the fact that he outright is like, "Yes, bring me the smexy girls, kthx~ ;3" >XDDD I love this guy!! Totally a Zack type! (Another FFVII reference...again! Just so you know, this will probably continue happening. XD)"
07/04/2011 page 94
49.0% "ROFL!!! MAMORU-CHAN!!! >XDDDDD!!!!! EPIC AS ALWAYS! ROFLLLLL~~~~!! *Totally cracking up!!!* SO EPIC! EPIC! <333333!! >X''D"
07/04/2011 page 111
58.0% ">XDDD Best... cover... EVER, Ageha! I love that part~ <3 She's so honest. ^_______^ Teeheeheehee~!"
07/04/2011 page 128
67.0% "Awwwhawhawww! Poor Hidaka-sensei!! I've done that too, sensei! With desks and cabinets and tables and LOTS of things! *Huggles and laughs sympathetically* She's soooo cute, our mangaka~! >W< I love her! She's so dear! <3333"
07/04/2011 page 163
85.0% "First off, I love this first panel on the top-right, with Yukari holding and leaning on her like that, all like, "I give up~ I'm too tired for this~~~" And then the panel immediately after it--Mitsu: "OOH, YUKARI MADE AGEHA CRY AGAIN~~~! :DDDDDD!!!" XDDD Seriously: Love. This. Manga. <3333333333333"
07/04/2011 page 170
89.0% "Just a side note... That look on Arisaka-san's face as he "captures" Ageha... *Smirks* Totally sexy predator. <3 ;3"
07/04/2011 page 171
89.0% "ROFL! >XDDDD SEE?! EVEN AGEHA IS THINKING IT NOW! YAOI MOMENT! TOTAL YAOI MOMENT~~~! AHAHAHAHAHA~~~~! *Filled with happy fluttery-ness~!* I loooove the yaoi moments in this series. XDDD They're so epic!"
07/04/2011 page 177
92.0% "*Bursts out laughing!* Oh God! I love these crazy, going-no-where conversations they have! X'D They're so precious and meaningful! <333 I love how the essence of their growth is captured in this. They interact so much, just in simple and silly ways, that you really feel close to all of them, and you can grow with them as they do~ *Smiles happily* This is such a great series. <3"
07/04/2011 page 187
97.0% "Mitsu can be so handsome when you're not being caught up in his loud personality. *Smiles warmly* ...he's such a Zack~ <3"
07/04/2011 page 192
100.0% "Oh my God! This is so cute! On the very last panel of Banri Hidaka's Everyday Heaven she mentions that she saw Natsuki Takaya-sensei and they chatted! That's the creator of Fruits Basket for those of you who don't know! 8DDD SO COOL! THEY'RE ACTUALLY FRIENDS~~!! EEEE!!! <33333 I'm so happy that Hidaka-sensei felt so loved by the people at her signing. She truly deserves it. <3 Her work is so great. ^___^ <333"

message 1: by Rain (new)

Rain Misoa Well, even though Ageha annoyed me like crazy in the first three chapters of the previous volume, I think it's around this one where she starts getting better, right? I hope so. I still want to read this one BAD!!! DX

N.T. Embe *Nodnodnod!* She improves REALLY quickly for a main character! And a GIRL main character at that! 8D Mind you, she's still growing up, but I'm proud of her! *Beams* You can tell she has so much in her that is good. <3 She just doesn't always make the right decisions. ^__^ But that's what makes this so nice... Seeing her grow and change, and the people that help her through it. <3 And when SHE pulls herself through! ^__^ What a great character!!

message 3: by Rain (new)

Rain Misoa Hmm... well, alright. I am hoping that it stays that way. I really am interested in reading this series and learning more about the characters. Right now, it's all like... "Blah! Why is she being stupid?" BUT!!! I always give a manga the chance to wow me. I cannot wait to read this! ^_^

N.T. Embe IT GETS GOOD. YOU MUST READ IT! >8D Also, uncle called. ._. Apparently I'm staying home alone tonight. o3o ...CALL ME AND KEEP ME COMPANY! >XD *Is waiting impatiently on Skype!*

message 5: by Rain (new)