Ron's Reviews > One Month to Live: Thirty Days to a No-Regrets Life

One Month to Live by Kerry Shook

Mar 20, 2008

bookshelves: spiritual
Read in February, 2008

I enjoyed reading this book which is written by my Pastor Kerry Shook.

The format is very interesting, you are suppose to read one chapter a day as a daily reading. There are questions to make you think deeper and action steps to help you make it a life style.

The book had an impact on me making me want to be a filmmaker again, something I gave up years ago.

Shook is the metaphor man. Every chapter has a basic metaphor about the subject from sand castles to hurricanes.

I did blog the book almost every day on my blog. Shook is big on journaling and I decided to do it on my blog. Finished during SXSW, which I was too busy to blog the last few days.

The book is written from a Christian worldview but in the practical, relevant, accepting and interesting style that is Shook's trademark at Fellowship of the Woodlands.

Why only 4 stars and not 5? Because the book didn't go as deep as I would have like. Plus I'm only giving 5 stars to the best of the best of the best.:)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Month to Live.

message 1: by Gary (new)

Gary Whether you follow Jesus or not, the questions asked in the text are appropriate and provocative enough even for secular discussion. The content is mediocre,though, undermined by the Shooks not really taking their premise seriously:"Imagine you have thirty days to live (just pretending), how would your life change (nothing too radical)?"