Twiggy's Reviews > The Iron Daughter

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

U 50x66
Sep 04, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, magical

Meagan is trapped in the Winter Court where she is surrounded by ill will. She and Ash have told the Queen about the Iron Fey but everyone else is sceptical as to their existence.

At the celebration of winter, the crown prince is killed when the iron fey break into the palace and steal the sceptre of seasons. Mab blames the Summer Court and puts Meagan into a deep freeze. When Ash tries to free her, he is discovered by his brother Rowan. They fight and he wounds Rowan, leaving Ash pursued as a traitor.

They get away but in the process it becomes clear that Rowan is working for the iron fey.

Further adventures ensue again with Ash, Puck, Grim ( the all knowing and cunning cat) and Iron horse, who may have been my favourite character in this book.

Ash and Meagan have a Romeo and Juliet thing going on and at the same time there is a love triangle as puck also declares his love but has to watch as time after time Meagan makes her devotion to ash very obvious.

I have to say that I don't necessarily get the Ash thing and I would have gone with puck myself and this aspect remains fairly Bella and Edward esque.

However, Meagan herself is not quite so annoying in this second book and does appear to be maturing and growing into her own power. Interesting enough to want to read the next installment.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Daughter.