Kitty's Reviews > The Lincoln Lawyer

The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly

Jul 04, 11

bookshelves: audio-books, adrenaline-rush
Read in July, 2011

I'd give this a solid three stars, though I think my hubby might be a little tougher on it. (It seems that perhaps courtroom dramas aren't going to be his kind of thing.) At first, I had concerns that this book might break one of my "rules": I wasn't sure that the main character was all that likable. But, he's a defense attorney... and that pretty much says it all. In the end, I decided that he did have some redeeming qualities, and that he wasn't just a complete slimeball. (By the way, I haven't seen the movie, but I think Matthew McConaughey is a *perfect* casting choice. He knows just how to play a charming, endearing, egotistical character with questionable ethics.)

As for the story, it was what I would expect from this sort of book - compelling enough to hold my interest, with a few surprises here and there, along with some suspense. There's plenty of courtroom drama, but there's also some out-the-courtroom action.

As for the audio-book, Adam Grupper was a good narrator. Not my absolute favorite, but really good with "voices". It was easy to tell which character was talking, during a conversation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lincoln Lawyer.