Kari's Reviews > Flesh & Bones

Flesh & Bones by Paul Levine

Jul 18, 11

Read from July 04 to 18, 2011

Flesh and Bones is the seventh book in the series featuring Jake Lassiter, a former line backer turned lawyer. It was first published in 1997. Paul Levine is touring to promote this book and has announced that “Lassiter,” the first new book in the series since 1997, will be released as a Bantam hardcover on September 13, 2011.

I will admit that legal thrillers aren't usually my thing. I had a little trouble getting into this book. But, I am glad I stuck with it. The author does a good job of grabbing your attention and never lets go. I was kept guessing and never really knew who to trust. I wanted to see how Jake would get Chrissy off when everyone saw her shoot her father. I liked Lassiter's character. He was a really likable and funny guy; someone I would want to be friends with. He is not your typical lawyer. He is the type of guy that will do anything to get to the truth. As I said, this is number seven in the Lassiter series. I haven't read any of the previous books, but I never felt like I didn't know what was going on. I think anyone who likes mysteries will enjoy this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flesh & Bones.