Tracy Smith's Reviews > Falling to Pieces

Falling to Pieces by Vannetta Chapman

Jul 04, 11

Read in July, 2011

Surviving loss, building new friendships, and solving a small-town mystery create this wonderful amish tale of "Falling to Pieces."

Callie Harper is recovering from the tragic loss of her husband only a year ago, and now is faced with the death of her Aunt Daisy and the inheritance of her quilt shop in the small Amish community of Shipshewana. Her story begins with meeting and making new friends, as well as business acquaintances in the area. But, of course, as in all ventures, not everyone agrees with the way things are done. Unfortunately for Callie, this creates a whole string of events into happening which she has no control over, but with good friends at her back, she is able to get through and overcome. Follow her story as she discovers how important the love of friends can really be.

Mixing mystery and suspense with Amish values make this a wonderfully enjoyable book. I loved getting to know the characters and how they cared for one another with all their personal challenges. When Deborah presented Callie with the friendship quilt toward the end of the story, I couldn't help myself from tearing up. When a story can bring with it that much emotion, I can definitely say it is a good story!!

This is the first book that I have read by this author, but it certainly won't be my last. I hope to read more of this type of Amish fiction from her in the future!!

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Amish fiction with a suspenseful mystery thrown in!

This book was kindly provided to me by Zondervan Publishers for my honest review.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling to Pieces.