Andrea's Reviews > Bargains and Betrayals

Bargains and Betrayals by Shannon Delany

Sep 17, 11

Read from September 16 to 17, 2011

Shannon Delany has been one of my favorite authors since I discovered her 13 to Life series. I mean, it's a love story that involves Russian werewolves! Come one, who wouldn't fall head over heels for that?! It's two of my favorite things put together. Needless to say, I love this series. I hopelessly waited for the release of the newest installment, Bargains and Betrayals. I knew it was going to be amazing, but I just didn't realize how much.

If you've read the first two installments, you know that the werewolves of Junction have a certain problem with time. There's simply not enough. They need to save their Mother before time runs out. It's literally a race against the clock. So many groups of people seem to be against Jessie and the Rusakova's. And all they wait is the people they love safe and happy.

Well, the third installment really broke me up inside. It's hard to watch (read?) characters you love going through so much, being held back, and getting all these mixed up signals. I definitely have got to say that the beginning just made me want to jump into this book and beat the crap out of those people at Pecan Place. BLAH! Jessie's a fighter, though. She fights for herself, for the Rusakova's, for her family, and for Pietr. Ah, Pietr. Will he ever stop being so breathtakingly amazing? (insert fan-girl sigh here)

Jessie and Pietr. Well, their relationship really went through some majors things in this book. REALLY MAJOR. And now I shall not say anymore. I know! Don't you hate me?

Just to clarify, if you hadn't already guessed, this book was amazing. It had its sad moments, crazy moments, lovey-dovey moments, and those always-famous-OMG-DID-THAT-JUST-HAPPEN moments. You know the moments I'm talking about. And do I have to mention that I seriously cannot wait for the next installment in this wonder, crazy series? I think not.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bargains and Betrayals.