Lauren's Reviews > The Girl On Legare Street

The Girl On Legare Street by Karen   White

Jul 12, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, favorites
Read from July 11 to 12, 2011 — I own a copy

I enjoyed this one a great deal, but not as much as the first one, House on Tradd Street.
However, I found Melanie a lot more likable in this one. And a little less self-centered. I enjoyed reading about her softening as her relationship with Ginette, her long-lost mother, progressed. I was more inclined to empathize with her anger towards Ginette in this book simply because Ginette was a character who played a present role in the book, rather than an absent one. This does not mean that Melanie's anger towards Ginette in the first book wasn't understandable, it just seemed to fit into this book more.
I really loathed the character of Rebecca. In my opinion, she was shallow and self-absorbed and her reasons for not sharing the information with Melanie just seemed stupid. I cringed and rolled my eyes every time there was a scene with her, and I felt absolutely no pity for her at the end.
Jack also irritated me during this book.
Despite loathing Rebecca and being constantly irritated with Jack, I really enjoyed this book. I liked the ghost of Wilhelm and I was happy reading about the positive progression between Ginette and Melanie.
Now if only Jack would stop being a total douche...

**semi-spoiler alert**
And in case anyone was wondering if there will be a Tradd Street #3, I'm pretty sure there will. Otherwise that will be one hell of a cliffhanger.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl On Legare Street.