Ray's Reviews > Geek Love

Geek Love by Katherine Dunn

Mar 20, 2008

I had this book for 8 years and started it 4 times making it to varying points in the book each time. The last time I picked it up a few months ago now I finally made it though and glad-fully so. This is an extremely rewarding book whose characters you grow to fall in love with, feel pain for, and feel frustration for like they have become a part of your own family. I was very moved by this story. I found myself hoping that the characters would make the decisions I would tell them to make, hoping I could help them make the decisions that were best for each of them. Just like with any family you may have; whether it be friends or relatives, the characters here didn’t always do what I wanted or expected them too. By the end you feel every emotion you can feel, there are things that will disgust, repulse, bring you joy, make you feel hate, bring you frustration and bring you the delight of an amazing story. Geek love is certainly not for everyone but if you connect with something that is all at once dark, beautiful and unusual give it a shot. Written beautifully, Katherine Dunn, give characters society has pushed to the side as freaks and give them thoughts, emotions and actions that can be compared to our own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Geek Love.