Bonnie's Reviews > World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

World War Z by Max Brooks

Interested in more of my reviews? Visit my blog!

I did like this one surprisingly. I say surprisingly because this is ultimately a documentary of what happened in 'World War Z' and had great potential of being boring. I thought it was a nice change up in writing style. Considering the fact that all of these personal statements, made by different individuals involved, were conducted after the war was 'over' it didn't have the excitement or in the moment terror that I always love in a zombie novel. Despite the fact that I didn't enjoy the political aspects, they were nonetheless extremely interesting as they were detailed and very thorough. Everything was covered quite comprehensively in this book; it could be an actual testimonial of a real zombie war.

I had attempted to read this book before but failed to get very far; I found it hard to read something written in such a way. The audiobook was completely different for me. The audiobook added more to the story than was present in the ‘print’ story. Each individual making their statement regarding what happened was spoken by a different individual rather than the narrator alone using different voice inflections. This was my favorite part and what made it even more real for me.

Definitely a winner for any zombie lover out there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read World War Z.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Wendy Darling any zombie lover out there.

*raises hand*

Me!

Bonnie Well, what are you waiting for? :D

Wendy Darling For my reading schedule to clear up! And then when I finally get around to it, you have my permission to say "I told you so."

Bonnie Nah. Not my style. :P
It was written real different; I gave it major points for that. I hope you enjoy it... :)
You going to read or listen?

Wendy Darling Thanks! I'll probably try to read it first, but if I have trouble I'll keep your recommendation in mind. :)