Laura's Reviews > Fifo 50 States

Fifo 50 States by Hayley Rose

F 50x66
Jul 03, 2011

A fabulous fun and educational tool

What a fabulous idea! A reference picture book for kids written in rhyme. My kids ages 5 and 9 just love Fifo, the cuddly brown bear. I was introduced to Fifo “50 States” from a reviewer’s blog and decided to give it a read as I am always looking for good educational books. And this one did not disappoint!

Fifo “50 States” is full of interesting tidbits about each state. In the rhyme, Fifo tells us about each state’s capital, bird, tree, flower, motto, the order the state was inducted into the union, and its location, i.e. North, South, Midwest, etc. The picture that goes along with each rhyme has the state bird, tree, flower, shape of the state, abbreviation and other interesting items associated with that state. My kids were learning without really realizing it and I love that.

The book cover is also educational. Fifo stands dressed as the Statue of Liberty over the shape of the United States. Even the title is in the country’s colors of red white and blue. Being over 100 pages, It’s quite a thick, soft cover book but this made it easy to fit into their backpacks as the little one likes to take it with her everywhere she goes.

I am sure when it comes time to learn about the 50 states in school, my kids will be way ahead of the game. I can’t say enough good things about this book. I highly recommend it!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifo 50 States.