Pamela's Reviews > A Groom of One's Own

Jul 03, 11

Review Courtesy of Romance Junkies
Reviewer: pamelalynne
Rated 4.5 Blue Ribbons

All Miss Sophie Harlow ever wanted was a groom of her own, but unfortunately that was just not in the cards for her. After being jilted on her wedding day, Sophie decides to give up on her dream of marriage and seek employment. She takes a position as a writer for a local paper. Sophie never would have dreamed she would be spending all her time writing detailed articles on others' weddings. Her latest assignment involves covering what is considered the "Wedding of the Year." On her very first day, Sophie leaves in a state of shock. The groom of the wedding is her recent crush, The Duke of Hamilton and Brandon.

Sophie refuses to give into her feelings. She is there to do a job and she will do it to the best of her abilities. Sophie soon finds herself thinking the unthinkable, if only Hamilton would marry her instead. The more time Sophie and Hamilton spend together, the harder it is to resist one another. Just when things appear to be at their worst, another man enters the picture. It seems this newcomer is vying for the attention of Hamilton's bride-to-be. Can Hamilton forget duty and let his betrothed marry the man she loves? Will Sophie still have him if there is any chance in them being together?

Maya Rodale is a new author to me. I am always in search of new talent and that is something Ms. Rodale definitely possesses. A GROOM OF ONE'S OWN took my breath away. The longing and restrained passion between Sophie and Hamilton was heart-wrenching. I enjoyed A GROOM OF ONE'S OWN very much. The characters and their struggles were easy to relate to. I hope to read more about the secondary characters in the future. I have already begun a search for more novels by Ms. Rodale. The two currently available are THE ROGUE AND THE RIVAL and THE HEIR AND THE SPARE. Just from reading the back covers, I can honestly say both stories sound very promising.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Groom of One's Own.