Kristen (Peddler of Smut)'s Reviews > Beyond the Highland Mist

Jul 03, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance, 3-star, time-travel, highlanders, steamy
Read in May, 2011

2 1/2 to 3 stars

I'm glad I read this series out of order (these books can be read out of order). I'm honestly not sure if would have continued the series had I read the first three books in the series first. Personally, I don't think the series was particularly engrossing until after the third book. Books four, five, and six are my favorite, with book six, The Immortal Highlander, my favorite of the series. You must, however, read books four, five, six, and seven in order.

I recommend reading the series in this order: Kiss of the Highlander (#4),The Dark Highlander (#5),The Immortal Highlander (#6), Spell of the Highlander (#7), The Highlander Touch (#3), Beyond the Highland Mist (#1), To Tame a Highland Warrior (#2)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond the Highland Mist.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Thanks for the recommendations on what order to read the series in!

message 2: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited Jul 26, 2011 10:22AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Oh my goodness, Juliana! I was half asleep writing this comment to you this morning and just noticed the spelling errors. I'm cringing and so embarrassed. I'm correcting my mistakes right now.

You're welcome. Someone told me the order to read them and I was grateful for the advice. Enjoy the books. They're a fun read:)

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Juliana wrote: "Thanks for the recommendations on what order to read the series in!"

Kristen (kpeery1) wrote: "Oh my goodness, Juliana! I was half asleep writing this comment to you this morning and just noticed the spelling errors. I'm cringing and so embarrassed. I'm correcting my mistakes right now.

Y..."

message 4: by Juliana (new)

Juliana LOL - well I must have been somewhat asleep when reading them, as I don't think I noticed!! ;-)

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I'm glad because the mistakes were awful. Lol.

message 6: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa I took your advice and read #4 first and that got me hooked! I'm now going to read the series in the order you recommended :)

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Yaaay! I'm so glad you took my advice and started with book 4. Seriously, the first two books are not good! Well, compared to the other books. You're going to love the next book. It's so good! Enjoy.

message 8: by PJ (new) - added it

PJ Thanks for the reading order suggestion! Do you recommend reading either the Darkfever or Highlander series first? I'm open to both.

message 9: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited May 12, 2013 12:26PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) You're welcome, PJ. I haven't read KMM'S Fever series yet. It's more Urban Fantasy than I enjoy. I'll get to it someday. Plus, the Highlander series is more adult erotica than the Fever series. If you are uncomfortable with a lot of steam, I suggest reading Fever first, then working your way to this series. Enjoy.