Tammy Thompson's Reviews > Haunting Jordan

Haunting Jordan by P.J. Alderman

Jul 03, 2011

bookshelves: ebook, fantasy, paranormal_mystery
Read in June, 2011

A bit of a departure from my normal paranormal or cozy mystery. This from B&N.com
"...Jordan Marsh left L.A. for the quaint Pacific Northwest town of Port Chatham in pursuit of some much-needed R & R. As the prime suspect in her cheating husband’s murder, she had been hoping to immerse herself in the restoration of the charming Victorian she’d just bought—and put all talk of homicide investigations behind her. But as she soon discovers, the coldest of cases cry out to be solved, too."

Jordan sees and and talks to ghosts, former inhabitants of her new home and eventually tries to solve both a present day and past murders.

I normally am not a fan of any historical fiction, but I was drawn into both narratives, present day Jordan's and Hattie's 1800. The characters are well written and likeable, and even though I had an inkling of whodunit in both murders, the author wraps it up quite well at the end. I was extremely happy that I already had the second novel waiting for me when I finished this one.

Good storytelling, engaging characters, a sprinkle of budding romance, and a reasonably well crafted murder. Well, two of them actually.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haunting Jordan.