Squallogal's Reviews > Fifty Shades Darker

Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

Nov 25, 11

bookshelves: addictive-rereads, favorites, best-book, own-it
Read from September 08 to 11, 2011

When I look for a story to read I don't usually listen to what others say about it. I want to test the writing, the story and the characters. I look for an eye catching front cover. I am sure I have walked past a million great stories because the cover didn't grab me.

Everything about this book grabs me. The cover is a feast for my eyes. It makes me want to look into the pages to find what lies behind the mask.

I had already cheered for Anna and lusted after Fifty. I thought I knew where these characters would take me. I didn't expect the grief, the fire, the passion, the fear and I did not expect the greatest moment of love to be shown between a grown boy and his mother.

I did not consume this story, it consumed me.

There is not a single story as strong as or more important to me than this one. If I could read only one book for the rest of my days you know this would be it. I'd never be board. I know it would take me to my knees and I know it would make my palms sweat but I also know I would stay hooked, letting my eyes read each and every word.

I thank the author and her editor for taking the time. This reader appreciates the gift.

squally <3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Darker.

09/08/2011 page 1
0.19% "Jeez what a start. I look like a real dipstick right now cause I am smiling so much and I don't give a flying.
You think you know the story of Fifty Shades? No you don't. Damn what an opener.

Squalls goes back to ignoring you to read this book and thanks the god of addicted readers for giving her tomorrow off from work. Hell yes!"
09/08/2011 page 2
0.38% "Are you kidding me with this? How can I not comment? Christian... he's the start and now to Ana. I'm loving this edit. Loving it... bye."
11/25/2011 page 373
100.0% "this is my favourite book so far. To put it simply, it is a seduction of the heart.

squally"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal Huff I am sitting here waiting on my copy to arrive I have the whole weekend to read it ....I am so envious of you to already have it in your hands...

Squallogal And I envy you the moment that you turn the first page for the first time. Enjoy it. <3

message 3: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal Huff sad to say I am still waiting on my copy to arrive ...I never though a story could take over my life like this one has ....so I decided to read 50 Shades of Gray ...over ...like i don't already know it by heart...
but the waiting is killing me.....soon it has to be here soon ....

Squallogal Feeling for you. These books never get here soon enough but are always worth the wait.