Chris *~Sahvage NyteMare~* Qhuayzie's Reviews > Seize the Night

Jul 03, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-urban-fantasy
Read in January, 2009

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seize the Night.

Quotes Chris *~Sahvage NyteMare~* Liked

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Relax. You're in good hands. Tabby wont hurt you.

She stabbed me!

Damn! I told her not to stab any more Hunters. I hate it when she does that.”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Where are you anyway? (Acheron)
I don't know. I hear some godawful kind of music from outside, horns blaring, and I'm in a house with a Mohawk cuckoo bird, a transvestite, and a knife-wielding lunatic. (Valerius)
Why are you at Tabitha's? (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Relax, you're in good hands. Tabby won't hurt you. (Acheron)
She stabbed me! (Valerius)
Damn, I told her not to stab any more Hunters. I hate it when she does that. (Acheron)
You hate it?! I'm the one with the festering wound. (Valerius)
Really? I've never known a Dark-Hunter to have a festering wound before. At least not externally. (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“You don't call Acheron 'babe.' (Valerius)
You don't call Acheron 'babe' because...well, that's just sick. But I call him 'babe' all the time. (Tabitha)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Don't worry, Otto. I'm an acquired taste. Most of my best friends had to know me for years before they could even stand my presence. I'm like mold, I usually grow on you very slowly. (Tabitha)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Come, my Lady Dangerous, your Daimons await. (Valerius)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“What? It's not my fault I stab all the fanged people. They shouldn't look like Daimons. (Tabitha)
I didn't look like a Daimon, but you stabbed me. (Valerius)
Yeah, well, you looked like a lawyer so I had to kill you. It was a moral imperative. (Tabitha)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Just how many sisters do you have? (Valerius)
Eight. (Tabitha)
Eight? (Valerius)
What? (Tabitha)
I'm just pitying whatever poor males lived in that house with all of you. It must have been truly frightening at least one week out of every month. (Valerius)
Was that a joke? (Tabitha)
Merely a frightening statement of fact. (Valerius)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“I can't believe you married a justice nymph and have yet to learn anything from her. There are always three sides to every memory, Z. Yours, theirs, and the truth, which lies somewhere in between the two. (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Weddings have always been a fascinating thing to me. A time when people look in each others eyes and promise each other they will never allow anyone or anything to divide them. Out of two families, they come together to form a separate branch that links back to their roots. It's a time when two families are joined together because of the hearts of two people. A time when ill will and bad feelings should be put to rest along with the past. Weddings signify a new beginning. After all, no human alive has ever been able to choose his family...God knows, I would never have chosen mine. But as the Roman playwright Terence once wrote, 'From many a bad beginning great friendships have formed.' (Zarek)”

“I'm sorry. (Valerius)
It's okay. We all have scars. I'm just lucky most of mine are on the outside. (Tabitha)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“I'm not human, Ms. Deveraux. In case you haven't noticed, I'm one of the damned. (Valerius)
Baby, open your eyes and look around. We're all damned in one way or another. But damned is a far cry from dead. And you live like you're dead. (Tabitha)
I'm that, too. (Valerius)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Anyone ever tell you you should be a lawyer? (Otto)
Only Bill when we argue. Besides, I like killing bloodsuckers too much to ever be one of them. Tabitha Deveraux. Pleased to meet you. (Tabitha)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Yeah, well, I guess I feel like all of us misfits need to hang together. At least that way we don't swing along. (Tabitha)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“I can't. At least not for a while. I need time to get past this and I can't guarantee that I won't hurt him again. God knows, Nick has a true gift for saying the wrong thing in any given situation. (Acheron)
You know he loves you, right? (Amanda)
Yeah, but emotions don't have brains. (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“C'mon, Tabitha. You stabbed me the night we met without even blinking. (Valerius)
Yeah, but you were a dirtbag then. (Tabitha)
I think I'm offended. (Valerius)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“It's noon, Valerius. We both should be asleep?" Acheron paused. "Where are you anyways?"
"I don't know," Valerius said. "I hear some godawful kind of music from outside, horns blaring, and I'm in a house with a mohawk cuckoo bird, a transvestite, and a knife-wielding lunatic."
"Why are you at Tabitha's?" Acheron asked.
"Excuse me?"
"Relax," Acheron said with a yawn. "You're in good hands. Tabby won't hurt you."
"She stabbed me!"
"Damn," Ash said. "I told her not to stab any more Hunters. I hate it when she does that.”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“I don't know," Valerius said. " I hear some godawful kind of music from outside, horns blaring, and I'm in a house with a mohawk cuckoo bird, a transvestite, and a knife-weilding lunatic."

"Why are You at Tabitha's?" Acheron asked”