Feliz's Reviews > American Love Songs

American Love Songs by Ashlyn Kane

Jun 23, 13

bookshelves: contemporary, m-m, favourites
Read in July, 2011

This book was highly entertaining, cute, laugh-out-loud funny and simply great! Jake, the narrator had such a refreshingly straightforward voice, both in the parts that are written in blog form and in the narrative passages. I adored his character, so thickheaded and good-natured, child-like and childish at the same time, and of course, I also loved Parker, who was vulnerable and strong and a genius. The other characters were well-defined and recognizable too, and I very much loved to watch them rise from bar backroom gigs to stadium-worthy stars.
Some scenes were just too good - Elton John? seriously? , others had me going awwwwwwwww (Parker stoned...)
This is a feelgood read if there ever was one and a fine, heartwarming lovestory. Highly recommended.

10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read American Love Songs.

Simsala Oh no,what shall I do now? Usually I`m avoiding stories with showbiz characters like rockstars,movie actors and so on.The whole business is so...fake.

Feliz Sims if you're not in a bloodthirsty mood for once ;-) you should really go for this - don't mind the rockstar thing, it's somewhat mostly in the background. Jake's voice is so matter of fact about everything including the showbiz.... this is very different from Conquest.

Simsala Bloodthirsty? Where does that come from?*lol*
The "showbiz mostly in the background" is good enough for me.I`ll put it on my TBR.Thanks,Feliz. :D)