Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > Raven and the Wolf

Raven and the Wolf by Mari Evers

I've held off writing this review because I honestly don't know how to write what I feel towards this book. The best I can say is if you liked Prisoner then you'll probably like this one as well. Don't misunderstand me, this book isn't like Prisoner at all but more of the feelings I had while reading Prisoner I had while reading this one. And considering Prisoner is my all time favorite book, that says a lot.

I absolutely adored it. This is exactly the kind of story I love reading about. It has lovable characters, a fascinating world, action and suspense, sexual tension like you cannot believe and an overall sweet romance when it finally develops.

My heart bled for these characters. With Raven's somewhat horrible childhood and the situation Breyre is in when Raven first sees him had my heart aching for these two. I will tell you that this story holds a few surprises. For one, while Raven is effeminate looking he is in no way a girly character. He's strong, broken at times, courageous and is all around a very sweet, polite but sometimes shy, character. He's just as much a hero as Breyre is and in a few scenes is the one to save the day. Breyre on the other hand is the opposite. He's big and solid, broken too but in a completely different way. He's blunt, brash and dismissive. He's a hard man but he handles Raven with such gentleness it's very heartwarming.

This book has a lot of suspense and action. At times I wished there had been more of it, mostly on some fights that weren't exactly ellaborated on but overall I enjoyed each and every scene because it made my heart speed up. The plot is definitely an intriguing one. I think the blurb doesn't really do the book justice but in the end, it's so much more than words can even describe.

While the world building is good, it could have been better. I was curious about everything but some of the questions I had were never answered when it came to the world and culture of Breyre. I suppose that was my only problem with the book. I was curious about Raven and his abilities but they weren't described in greater detail so he's still somewhat of a mystery when it comes to his magic.

All in all, I loved this book so much! It's part of a series and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next one. I hope we get more of Breyre and Raven in the future. Most definitely recommended.
13 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raven and the Wolf.

09/15/2011
1.0% 2 comments
09/15/2011
22.0% "Totally loving this. It's Giving me the same feelings as I had with Prisoner *huge grin*" 1 comment
09/16/2011
35.0% "Elekin is just as cute as Raven. I wonder how long before Breyre pulls his head out of his ass"
09/16/2011
49.0% ""I'm not sure I have the right to tell you, or even if I should. But this is about to get interesting!""
09/16/2011
89.0% "I do love this book. I do."
09/16/2011
100.0% "Damn. I'm grinning! Loved this story ^_^"

Alyosha Yaaay! Sept category means we will read this soon <3

Alyosha Soon, soon, sooon, soooooooooon?? *g* Just skip the school work and read this with me soon okay sweets? lol

Fehu really that great?? because I loved Prisoner but this ones summary did not seem all that interstin

message 5: by Myka (new) - added it

Myka I need to read this!

Mandapanda great review! I have to read this one!

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Thanks! It's so good, Mandy! I hope you'll love it!

Fehu, Myka, yes it's really that good. The blurb does not do the book justice, trust me :D

message 8: by Mari (new)

Mari Evers Thank you for the lovely review, Nikyta! *blushes* ^_^ I'm thrilled you mentioned Elekin!
Hugs
/Mari

message 9: by Monica (new) - added it

Monica Thanks for the recommendation. I just bought it. I'll let you know what I think.

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Hope you like it!