Shannon's Reviews > Under the Stars

Under the Stars by Rebecca A. Rogers

Jul 12, 11

Read from July 11 to 12, 2011

This is one of the greatest stories I've read in awhile! The story is from the point of view of protagonist, Andrina. She was a very strong female character; similar, in my eyes, to one of my absolute favorite fictional characters: Buffy Summers of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series.

Andrina was brave and stood up for what she believed in, but Rogers never let you forget that Andrina was only a 17-year-old girl with teenage thoughts and at times, a teenage attitude. I found that very important to the story. Andy, as she was lovingly called by her friends and family, was forced to make decisions that would be tough on anyone, especially a teen. Too many times, authors get lost in trying to build up a strong character, only to have them crashing down. Andrina was progressing as the story did with much depth and often internal conflict.

The book was hard to put down, as the story was very well put together and never dragged. The thoughts were complete, and the characters were whole personalities with a past and a purpose.

The end of the book was powerful and heart-wrenching. Rogers took a leap and created a beautiful, meaningful ending to a wonderful story.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Stars.

07/11/2011 page 87