Amanda's Reviews > A Storm of Swords

5220112
Feb 04, 14

bookshelves: my-favorite-books, great-books
Read from January 27 to February 04, 2014

In my opinion, this is the best book of the series, so far. It was also one of the best books I've ever read. I don't know what else to say except if you love incredible books, you NEED to read this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Storm of Swords.

Quotes Amanda Liked

George R.R. Martin
“You're mine," she whispered. "Mine, as I'm yours. And if we die, we die. All men must die, Jon Snow. But first, we'll live.”
George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

George R.R. Martin
“I don't ever want t' leave this cave, Jon Snow. Not ever ”
George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

07/08/2011 "This book goes on and on yet its a good thing for a change. Its defiently the best of the first three. Almost finished with it. Also I am falling in love with wonderful Jon Snow."
07/09/2011 "Finished the book and my mind is just blown. I'm no good at writing reviews but this was one of the best book I've ever read."
01/27/2014 marked as: currently-reading
01/28/2014
1.0% "Trying to emotionally prepare myself for this book but I don't think that's possible."
01/29/2014
2.0% "The sound went on and on and on, until it seemed it would never die. Samwell Tarly stood shaking, his face the same color as the snow that swirled down all around them. “Three,” he squeaked to Chett, “that was three, I heard three. They never blow three. Not for hundreds and thousands of years. Three means...” “Others.”"
02/01/2014
29.0% ""Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died.""
02/04/2014 marked as: read
show 3 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 3: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy Ive read the first two and im gonna start the third one when i finish this outcast series. Best of the three so far? I cant wait to find out! :)

AnHeC the Paperback Obliterator Well, a friend told me that at least the first volume is exactly the same as TV show; therefore, there's no point to reading it. Is that true?

Amanda It's similar, yes, but exactly alike? No way. There are entire chapters that aren't in the show and so so many small details. They also make some stuff up for the show so some scenes in the show aren't even from the books. I love the show. I'm a huge huge fan of it. But it will never compare to the books, especially book 3.