Liz's Reviews > The Treasure Map of Boys: Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch, Gideon—and me, Ruby Oliver

The Treasure Map of Boys by E. Lockhart

Jul 02, 2011

bookshelves: pretty-covers

The Treasure Map of Boys was another amazing book in the Ruby Oliver series. In this one, Jackson started talking to Ruby again, Nora was in like with Noel more than ever and even Meghan was on the road to leaving the state of Noboyfriend (which I found quite hilarious :P). Ruby, though, was having trouble denying the way Noel made her feel (even though we’ve known since forever!), or the weirdness between her and Jackson. She didn’t know what to do about any of it, which I thought was quite realistic – because what could she do really? Any action would hurt at least one of her friends in the process. I think The Treasure Map of Boys showed the biggest struggle Ruby had to deal with so far, because in this book, she finally accepted she had feelings for Noel, whilst also knowing Nora liked him too. She was under the threat of doing the same thing Kim did to her, and it was stressing her out, to say the least. You could really empathise with Ruby in this book, because it just seemed so unfair that nothing ever went her way, and she always had so many problems to deal with even though she rarely did anything completely wrong. I think this book reveals the truth behind friendship, and what friends are willing to go through for each other, and also shows how Ruby & co. have grown up a lot since The Boyfriend List.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Treasure Map of Boys.