Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)'s Reviews > Fairy Tale

Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog

Jul 02, 11

bookshelves: reviewed, favorites
Read from July 01 to 02, 2011

Fairy Tale is Cyn Balog’s first novel.

Morgan Sparks is a sophomore and goes to Stevens High. She is a psychic and often tells people at her school what will happen later on in their life when they ask. Her boyfriend, Cameron Brown, is a quarterback that seems to have a bright future in football, but in the last game, he confides in Morgan that he blacked out right before the game was over. She can tell he is stressed, so she decides to try to see what Cam’s future will be. What she sees scares her. She’s afraid he has cancer, but later learns that Cameron is a fairy and that Pip, a human boy that was snatched at birth from fairies and switched with a fairy baby, Cameron, is supposed to take Cameron’s place and Cameron is supposed to take Pip’s place in the Otherworld on midnight of Cameron’s birthday.

If worrying about your fairy boyfriend isn’t bad enough, Dawn, a fairy, is sent to bring back Cameron no matter the cost. Morgan’s life is turning upset down. She’s known Cameron even since they were little and has had a relationship since first grade. Cameron’s not taking it that easy either. Will Morgan be able to keep Cameron from leaving? Does Cameron even want to stay with Morgan?

I liked this book a whole lot better than I thought I would. I felt terrible for Morgan and Cameron. I even felt bad for Pip because he had to grow up in the Otherworld knowing that he wasn’t supposed to be here. I thought the ending was bittersweet. All of them grow up in the story, and I enjoyed reading about how they changed. Morgan doubts herself in the beginning of the book but ends up feeling confident.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fairy Tale.